5-MeO-DMT Practitioner Methods with Tricia Eastman
In this episode, Tricia discusses the start of her journey into becoming a healer working with psychedelics. At a 5-MeO-DMT retreat, she learned how to love herself, and decided she wanted to lead others on this healing experience. Since 2016 she founded Psychedelic Journeys, which offers guided retreats with a number of medicines.
Tricia shares the many ways 5-MeO-DMT can be administered, and how facilitators can support participants during this ceremony. While she does discuss the positive experiences many people have, she speaks frankly about how 5-MeO-DMT can greatly affect others based on their previous experience, both with psychedelics and past trauma.
One of Tricia’s passions is promoting the sacred and ethical use of 5-MeO-DMT. She discusses how encroaching farming practices and unethical harvesting has impacted the source of 5-MeO-DMT, the Sonoran Desert Toad, and some practices for minimizing harm
In This Episode
• How Tricia got started facilitating 5-Meo-DMT.
• Some methods facilitators use during a 5-MeO-DMT ceremony.
• What people may experience during a 5-MeO-DMT ceremony.
• How 5-MeO-DMT is contraindicated
• The ethical and environmental impact of 5-MeO-DMT extraction.
“I try not to be a character in the movie. I don’t want it to ever be about me, or doing anything, because they are there to do their own healing work.” [14:59]
“We don’t want to set you up in a way that you are going to get in your own experience, and not actually receive whatever the medicine wants to show you.” [19:43]
“For me, I really feel that it’s important that everything is done in a sacred way. That they are done in an ethical thing.” [37:48]
“Everything I do is a very deeply intuitive process of really following and listening, and that’s just how you learn when you work in the shamanic traditions.” [41:25]
* The Psychedelic Medicine Podcast has allowed the Psychedelic Medicine Association to post episodes as an educational resource, and in return the PMA is hosting the podcast show notes.