The Art of Microdosing with James Fadiman & Adam Bramlage
In this discussion, Dr. Fadiman and Adam touch on many nuanced topics relating to microdosing, ranging from individualized protocols to current research. Dr. Fadiman tells of his experience gathering information on microdosing through his own study and how this originated what became known as the Fadiman protocol for microdosing. Dr. Fadiman also discusses some conclusions that can be drawn from experience reports, such as the efficacy of microdosing for combatting conditions such as addiction or depression.
Additionally, Adam shares the details of the Microdosing Movement course, emphasizing how building community is foregrounded in the course design. In addition to lectures by experts like Dr. Fadiman, participants will have the opportunity to socialize with other students, integrate the content, and ask questions at weekly communiTEA gatherings over Zoom.
The microdosing movement course runs Sunday, December 13th through Tuesday, January 19th. Additional information and registration linked below.
In This Episode
• How Dr. Fadiman developed his microdosing protocol
• What we know about tolerance when it comes to psychedelics
• Recent research findings suggesting microdosing could also be effective treating pain
• Details of the upcoming microdosing movement course
• How community enriches microdosing outcomes
“And particularly people are saying, not that meditation improves your microdosing, but that microdosing absolutely improves your meditation.” [15:36]
“We’re just seeing extremely positive results across the board, and we’re seeing that the longer people microdose, the less often they need to microdose.” [41:40]
“There’s so many different applications for this, with so many different conditions, and each day I get new emails or new contacts from people who are using it for totally new things.” [43:54]
* The Psychedelic Medicine Podcast has allowed the Psychedelic Medicine Association to post episodes as an educational resource, and in return the PMA is hosting the podcast show notes.