CBD Practitioner Methods with Dr. Rachna Patel
We cover a lot of conditions in this episode. Whether you suffer from migraines, anxiety, PTSD, or pain, Dr. Patel shares what we know about using CBD as part of your treatment. Dr. Patel explains how CBD impacts hormonal pathways to help alleviate many chronic conditions associated with anxiety and PTSD. She describes how CBD effect migraines and how it can be used in a number of ways to this end. CBD even has a role in treating the type of pain that many patients take opioids for. It can even be applied topically for skin conditions.
Dr. Patel also tells us why not all CBD products are created equal. Often there are additives and other chemicals present in the product that should be avoided in many circumstances. Dr. Patel explains what we should watch out for and consider, like reviewing lab test results and even making sure it has CBD in it at all. She also shares her thoughts on how to determine proper dosing and how to find the right doctor for you.
In This Episode
• How you can tell if CBD oil can help you with anxiety, insomnia, and panic attacks
• The ways in which CBD can be used to help alleviate the symptoms of migraines and other types of hard to treat pain
• Which autoimmune conditions CBD has been used to treat
• Topical applications of CBD for helping hard to treat skin conditions
• The most important things to look for or avoid when considering a CBD product
• The importance of having a high quality CBD source and how to identify the best products
• How to find the right doctor to prescribe the proper cannabis products for you
“What ends up happening with these patients is that they’re able to wean off of their cocktails of medications that they’re on. Often times they’re using the CBD oil on a regular basis, but then they’ll have conventional medications just as a backup for when the pain gets really bad.” [20:10]
“You want to make sure that you look at the laboratory test results for any form of CBD oil that you purchase. That’s because it’s not a regulated industry and anybody can sell anything. If the company cannot provide you with test results, then don’t buy it.” [35:14]
“What you want to look for in a physician is experience, specifically experience treating the particular medical condition that you’re interested in treating with CBD oil or medical cannabis.” [57:02]
* The Psychedelic Medicine Podcast has allowed the Psychedelic Medicine Association to post episodes as an educational resource, and in return the PMA is hosting the podcast show notes.