Treating Depression with Ketamine with Dr. Ken Adolph
Dr. Adolph shares the brief history of how ketamine was originally created, how it came to be used in the mental health arena, and its effectiveness for those with depression. He covers what the research has shown, as well as what he’s seen in his clinic and in his own personal journey with the medicine.
In This Episode
• Ketamine’s ability to extinguish suicidal ideation in 24 hours
• How Ketamine is one psychedelic that has an addictive potential
• The effects of Ketamine on BDNF and Glutamate, and how this can help heal the brain
• The importance of integration
“And then it begins to open them up to “you know what, I’m ready. I’m ready to start taking a look”. Because that’s what we see. Patients are more open to take a look at trauma. They’re more open to see that their mindset is important in being able to produce a positive response”. [22:04]
* The Psychedelic Medicine Podcast has allowed the Psychedelic Medicine Association to post episodes as an educational resource, and in return the PMA is hosting the podcast show notes.